So, as you can see, it has healed really well! Especially considering the number of stitches and how it looked before the suturing! It is amazing how the human body works! I think I'm just about finished going to physical therapy. I can do most things now, except maybe heavy lifting and quick moving. A couple of weeks ago, me, Amy, and Laura were helping out at Meagan Appling's restaurant. Well, I was bringing out a plate of breadsticks and spinach dip and when I went to place it on the table, I totally dropped it because I wasn't used to carrying things with my right arm yet! Luckily the hot spincah dip didn't spill; only the breadsticks fell off the plate. I apologized profusely and they soon saw my scar on my arm and forgave me instantly! I guess they felt sorry for me because they left me a huge tip!

Also, I can finally straighten my arm all the way! It was getting to be pretty annoying when I would go to grab something only to find that I couldn't quite reach it! But now when it is straight there is still some tension when I rotate it. So, I've got some exercises to do at home to work on both heavy lifting and straightening! There is also an area between the bottom of the scar and my wrist that feels wierd to touch because it is still numb. They say that feeling should come back within a year.
Here are the stitches on the back of my arm. Luckily there was no immobility there, it just itches sometimes...
Here's a picture that almost captures all of the scars...

Like I said, it is so incredible how resilient Heavenly Father made our bodies! I am so much more aware and appreciative of my healthy body. I am so grateful that we were all protected that day of the accident! Thank you all for your love and concern!
9 comments:
Sarah, you are such a sweet and strong girl. thank you for posting your progress, I think of you often and wonder how you are doing. i'm am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY to see that your arm is healing and that you are able to use it still!!! I love you!!
P.S. I love your blog template. it's so professional looking. ; )
what's cookin?
ethan saw the pictures and said "hey, is that zaza's arm?" when he saw the pictures from the last post he said "what is zaza doing?" and i told him you were trying to give him a kiss and so he said "oh" and leaned right over and kissed your picture on the screen. we miss you!
I am glad to see that you healed so well. Even though your scars look pretty yucky. Does Megan have her own restaurant? Please share.
Can I just say I'm so happy for you!!!!? I did see the picture on Jessica's blog back in April and I didn't even know what to think. I showed my mom (a former surgical nurse) and she was even stunned. What a blessing!!! Your scars are gonna fade and your arm looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for letting me know.
Sarah,
Oh my, I am so glad to see you are doing better. I was shocked when I read Jessica's blog and saw the pictures of the accident. I noticed that you like watching "So You Think You Can Dance", Logan and I like it as well. Who are your favoites? I like Natalie and Musa (spelling?).
sarah, you are a champ. you need to date my brother david. he lives at winter quarters at the bottom of the hill by the brick oven.
girl whats new? i cant wait for you to move down.
Post a Comment