After the night of the dance we spent the night up in Baton Rouge and went to Blue Bayou the next day. We all got season passes because it is the same price as going twice. So now we can go whenever we want. Conor brought one of those disposable waterproof cameras and got some good shots. This is a picture of Brenna, Luis, Meagan, Paul, me, and Laura waiting in line for "the toilet bowl".
This is a picture of the toilet bowl. It was AWESOME!
Another one of my FAVORITE things about Blue Bayou is sipping lemonade on the "Atchafalaya River".This is Alicia, Conor, and Meagan on lazy river without lemonade.
At Blue Bayou there is also an amusement park called Dixie Landin’. So at one point we took a break from the water slides and went on some rides. I have to tell you about “The Hot Shot”: it’s the scariest ride I’ve ever been on! I’m still not really sure why I went on it in the first place. I think it is about 15-20 stories high, and you get shot up to random heights at random times. Well first it shoots you all the way up…you can see from my facial expression how exciting it is.
Just thinking about it again makes me cringe. It took me a while to catch my breath when I got off the ride, and I was shaking for like five minutes afterwards. Needless to say, I won’t be riding that one again. I think it was one of those things you just have to try once.

4 comments:
blue bayou. whooo! looks like fun. i miss the atchafalaya river. always my favorite part of any water park. do they still give you colorful wristbands for the day? i remember one summer staying at grandma's house where we decided we wanted to see if we could keep our wristband on for the whole summer. i think mine lasted a week.
looks like soooooo much fun!!! I wish I were at Blue Bayou right now!!!
you look darling in that top picture in the black bathing suit. very classy. (thats my little sarah!!)
Looks like you had a blast. You couldn't pay me to go on one of those. We have one here at Six Flags and Doug is always trying to get me to go on it. I must say I am impressed that you captured a photo from the top!
those pics remind me of the time we went to that ghetto waterpark in west jordan, ut and monopolized the lazy river with like 7 rafts. think summer 2002. you know, when we were ALL single and fancy free for the last time.
Post a Comment