Saturday, September 29, 2007

The Ream's Bandits

So Tuesday as Andrew and I waited to take the bus home from campus, we noticed in the Daily Universe (BYU's Newspaper) that there were scratch and win coupons in every newspaper for Ream's, a local grocery store. Well, we had another ten minutes or so until the bus came so we decided to get to work and start scratching. It was about 5 o'clock so I feel like people had there fair chance to win already. So we tried to be inconspicuous about it and go through every paper and scratch the coupon to see what we could win. There were four things you could possibly win: an ice cream cone, a loaf of bread, a gallon of milk, or a $100 gift card. We were mainly going for the gift card but we ended up with about 30 scratched coupons, none of which were gift cards.



It was kind of disappointing not to win the big prize, it felt like we were looking for a golden ticket, like in Willy Wonka. But we were really excited to go and get all of the things we did win. The only catch was that you can only use one coupon per person per visit.

So Tuesday night we went and got ice cream cones. Each day since then we've gone about twice each time. So we've frozen two loaves of bread and given some donuts and milk and extra coupons away to Jessica and Laura.


Well the coupons expired today so we're going to miss our little visits to Ream's. We really like Ream's, we'll probably start doing some of our regular grocery shopping there. I think they've gained two new loyal customers.

Speaking of making memories in my last post, I think we accomplished that again this week with our little scratch and win coupons!

10 comments:

Jessica said...

reams is the bomb dot com. oh wait thats your URL. hahaha. when are you going to post pictures of your quilt? ethan has already started making his own because he wants to be like you. hahaha.

Emily C said...

I would have never thought to shop at Reams while I was in Provo, because the only one I knew of was that nasty dome looking one of Bulldog Blvd, that I think is now torn down. The new one actually looks pretty nice, and the do-nuts look totally legit. i'm a sucker for free scratch and wins, that looks fun. i miss you guys!

Emily C said...

cool! you put it up! I can send you one that is chopped a little better to fit. or i could even do another one if you want

mary said...

Free donuts is about as good as it gets, in my opinion!

Unknown said...

I used to shop at Reams...that was a LONG time ago. I love getting free things...I remember once we lived on Free Big Macs for a whole month after we were married. yuk. I don't think i've eaten one since then - 25 years ago! But it's one of our favorite memories.

Unknown said...

By the way..you look so happy and so cute together. I just sat here and looked through your blog since you were married. Just beautiful.

jenny said...

I haven't seen Reams' since Doug and I were first married. That brought back so many memories. Of course it wasn't new, but the old ice skating rink. Love the new blog make over!

Emily C said...

Sarah! I love it! it looks perfect!! the color scheme, the photo, everything!!

Emily C said...

girl! it's been almost a month!!! what's new!!

BAja said...

https://www.cekaja.com/info/mau-nonton-youtube-dibayar-ini-cara-dan-daftar-lengkap-situsnya