Monday, May 19, 2008

The Big Easy is off the heezy!

For Mother's Day weekend I found some cheap flights home to New Orleans, so Andrew and I headed off last Thursday for a five-day stay in the Big Easy. Andrew's also on the wait-list at LSU Law School, so we spent some time exploring Baton Rouge and LSU's campus too.
Here's Andrew in front of the LSU Law Center...

Andrew thought it was pretty cool that there were purple and gold flowers all around campus, so naturally I had to pose with the flowers for a picture...

Here's Andrew with Mike the tiger. Geaux Tigers!

I also showed Andrew the Baton Rouge Temple...



We spent most of our time eating good food and sightseeing. Andrew had been to Louisiana once before when he was three years old, but all he remembers from that trip is a sweatshirt he got of some alligators playing jazz music. So it was fun to show him around where I grew up.

Here we are outside of the old U.S. mint in the French Quarter. Now there is a museum inside and since Andrew really enjoys history we took a little tour.


We rode the streetcar down to Camellia Grill with Amy and Jacob...

yummm!


My camera died so I took some of these pictures on my cell phone and that's why the quality isn't so great. Here we are at the French Quarter again. First, in front of a paddle boat by the river, then in front of Jackson Square, then eating some beignets at Cafe Du Monde!


We spent Mother's Day in Thibodaux, which is always a treat. Andrew finally got to meet all my cajun family. I even convinced him to try some crawfish, but he didn't really care for them and thought they were too spicy. Not me! I had about 3 pounds of them...yummm! I really had to pull out the maternity tops toward the end of my trip after all that good food we ate!

I can't imagine a better first Mother's Day! Thanks for letting us come and visit, mom! We had such a good time and can't wait until we can come back!

11 comments:

Heather said...

Sarah, how fun! I'm so glad you got to ga back home for a bit. Looks like you had a good time...and you are one cute pregnant girl...

mary said...

YUM-- it has been like a million years since I've had a beignet. What a fun trip.

Janelle said...

I forget where in WA are you. I am coming up in a few weeks

Anonymous said...

...um, more like 3 pounds per platter plus corn and potatoes. Now, all dat baby needs is some grits and gumbo!!!

Emily C said...

how bout dem hornets

Anonymous said...

gracie doesn't like spicy food either. . . because sophie said so

Anonymous said...

poor little lamb

Janelle said...

I am in wasington from Thursday the 5th to the 12th of June. I have a wedding on Friday but other than that I am down. When is good for you?

freddie said...

who is this anonymous guy and what's his deal? hahaha.

i want crawfish!!! its been YEARS since i've had any. i think the last time was when we came for jacob's baptism.

when's your ultrasound?? you better call and tell me first hahaha.

freddie said...

whoopsie, i'm using freddie's computer, but that was really me.

love, jessica

Emily C said...

Freddie, i didn't think you knew what an ultrasound is... then i realized it was jessica.