Monday, June 23, 2008

Father's Day!

So we decided to go ahead and celebrate Andrew's first Father's Day this year. Plus Andrew's birthday is coming up this week so they will kind of be combined. I got him a shaving cream warmer thingy and I made him a coupon book; the taking out the trash one was his favorite!

We also went up to Seattle for a Mariner's game and watched them lose 5-2...they aren't doing very well this year! But we still had a fun time and had good seats. The only weird thing was we brought a blanket and actually had to use it! It was freezing! Apparently it is the coldest June on record in Washington!
There is a Babies "R" Us on the way up to Seattle so we decided to stop and register for baby stuff! It was pretty fun and I actually think it was easier/funner than registering for our wedding! Here I am with my handy-dandy clipboard.
This past week I made Red Beans and Rice which came out really yummy and I made homemade bread for the first time! We have a breadmaker, but I wanted to try making it all on my own. It was really tasty and kind of pretty, I was REALLY proud of myself! (it was a healthy pride though) Emily gave me the recipe a while back and I've been wanting to try it. I halfed the recipe and it still came out huge!

On a side note, I thought I'd post some pregnancy pictures. I never thought I'd be someone to post pictures of my growing belly, but I know some of you who won't be able to see me pregnant are curious what I look like, so here goes....
19 Weeks

21 Weeks

23 Weeks
This past week I feel like I really popped out, even though it's hard to tell from the picture...


Andrew's mom sent us some onesies and receiving blankets a little while back before we knew if it was a girl or boy. They are so cute and tiny and I can't wait to put them on our little girl! She also sent us some cute holiday bibs. Now our baby can make a mess in style! Thanks for all the goodies, Pam!

Now that we know it's a girl I went and picked out some girly clothes that were on sale at Gymboree and BabyGap. It's fun to see more little baby things in the closet!


Also, Jessica sent me a ton of her girls' hand-me-downs.

I'm so excited to have such a big wardrobe of cute clothes for our little one! Thanks Jess!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for libby!

Emily C said...

jess sent you some good stuff! you are lucky. you are still so tiny to be pregnant. i wish i could be skinny like you.

Jessica said...

cute stuff! sophie has that same seahorse bodysuit. she wore it to church this sunday. its so cute.

and you are a skinny little pregnant lady. you make me sick! hahaha. j/k. kind of. hahaha.

nice father's day gifts, by the way -- very thoughtful. i can't wait to look up your registry!

Sarah said...

Wow, I think that is the first positive anonymous comment I've got. Thanks Freddie!

Sarah said...

oh, and don't worry Emily, Jessica gave me strict instructions to keep the hand-me-downs in the fam, so when you have a girl, I'll send them your way :)

Corey said...

We are sad to hear that you will be moving out of the area before you little girl is born. :( We wish you best of luck in Utah and hope Andrew gets into the Master's program he's hoping for.

the Getschers said...

Isn't it so fun to shop for girl clothes?! I'm going crazy over here too and buying WAY too much. Our girl is going to be one stylish chick! Cute pics!

Heather said...

You are such a cute pregnant girl, Sarah!