Monday, September 29, 2008

19 days to go!

I'm about 37 weeks now which means I'm full term, so hypothetically this baby could come any day now. But everyone reminds me that most first babies come late rather than early! So I most likely have a few more weeks. I went to the doctor this morning and I'm dilated about 2 cm so that's good news that at least my body is getting ready! Here's a picture of me and my big baby belly...



I remember when we were younger and we would whine to my mom that we we're bored, she would just reply with, "yeah, doesn't it feel so good!" But with 19 days to go until our little one is due, I find myself getting a little bored. I'm sure once she is here there will be times when I will want these "boring" days back and I'll really know what my mom meant when she would say that it feels so good to be bored.

To occupy some of my time I've started on another baby quilt. The last one I made was more neutral colors, so I thought I would make another one that is a little more girly. Also in our ward there are like 6 or 7 other girls that are either about to have a baby or just had a baby so we're all working on making little baby sleepers together. I'm afraid a sleeper might not be as forgiving as a little quilt. But we'll see. I'll be sure to post some pictures once I've finished. I've also been going to a water aerobics class at the student recreation center which is actually really fun. It sure does help that you're only a tenth of your weight while in water!

Also I had some over ripe bananas I didn't want to throw out so I tried a new Banana Bread recipe. I don't have loaf pans and I didn't feel like making a trip to the store for just muffin papers so I made it in a Bundt pan and it turned out really good! Here's the recipe if you wanna give it a try...

3 ripe bananas
1 c. sour cream
1/4 c. margarine
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 c. walnuts (or however many you like)

In a large bowl, cream together the margarine and sugar until smooth. Add eggs, vanilla, bananas, and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; stir into the banana mixture. Stir in walnuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes.

I guess that's about all I've been up to. Let me know if you have any ideas of things I can do to stay busy for the next couple of weeks...

9 comments:

the Getschers said...

Wow, I didn't realize you had so little time left! You won't be bored for long! :) Get some sleep!

Andrew said...

I like being bored, want to read some of my books?

heidi said...

yea! you are one hottt pregnant mama! go eat a big bowl of ice cream for me!

Jessica said...

is that shirt from Gap? because if it is, i have the same one in lavender in the non-maternity version.

that banana bread looks really good. i love banana bread, but scott and ethan don't like bananas and sophie's allergic, so if i made something like that it would be all me eating it...

for the record, i still don't like being bored. at least chaotic days go by a lot quicker than boring ones. you could always scrapbook. hahaha. actually, if i could right now, i would love to be working on a quilt. there's something about the cooler weather coming on that makes me want to do crafty things.

lylas. hahaha.

Emily C said...

me too! all i want to do are crafts right now!

what does your blanket look like? can we see some pics?

Anonymous said...

you could build a cake or something

Laura said...

Yummm, the banana bread looks so good!! and I am so excited to see your little baby girl!

Emily C said...

nice template updates! is that baby coming early? whats the name?

Messimoo said...

SUCH A CUTE BELLY!!!!!