Saturday, December 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

So my birthday was last Sunday (December 7th, Pearl Harbor Day... cuz I'm the bomb). I turned 25 years old, which seems so crazy to me. I never really imagined being 25, but here I am! Andrew had his first final the day before my birthday and 3 more finals this past week so we decided to postpone the bday dinner. We did celebrate some on my actual birthday. Andrew made me eggs and toast and orange juice for breakfast but I didn't even get to eat it because we were running a little late for church. He also made me cupcakes...my favorite, chocolate with rainbow chip frosting. Andrew also gave me my present on Sunday...

He found a salon/spa in the area and set up an appointment for a massage and to get my hair done! This is probably the longest I've ever gone with out getting my hair done, close to 5 months! So on Monday I get to go and be pampered-I am so excited! This could quite possibly be one of the best birthday presents I've ever gotten (except for quints in 1993).

Eleanor also gave me a birthday present I won't ever forget...the night before my bday she was up about every hour and a half. I was like a zombie all day on my birthday. She did make it up to me though, because twice this past week she went to bed around 8:30 and didn't wake up until about 4:30. Awesome, right! I hope this can become a more regular occurrence.

Yesterday we went to Olive Garden for lunch after Andrew finished his last final exam. It turns out they don't serve frozen raspberry lemonade anymore, which was kind of a bummer, but other than that we had a nice little lunch. Eleanor even slept the whole time until the bill came.

Tonight was our ward Christmas party which included a little production about the true meaning of Christmas. Our family played the parts of Joseph, Mary and baby Jesus. I was kind of stressed out trying to figure out what we would wear, but we just draped ourselves in some sheets and wrapped Eleanor in a white blanket. (I forgot my camera so you'll just have to imagine it.) Eleanor did a great job. She was so calm and even fell asleep while we were up on stage, it was perfect timing.

On the lighter side of things, tonight at the ward activity some lady, who by the way claims to be great with kids and offered to babysit anytime (thanks, but no thanks), thought Eleanor was a 5 month old boy...hmmm....nope...I guess the pink onesie didn't give it away. (But to her credit, Eleanor did play baby Jesus, so maybe there was a little confusion.) Also another lady who has really taken a liking to me...asked if she could be Eleanor's godmother. I said, "Sure, but I'm not really sure how that works." Boy was she excited!

Eleanor seems to be the star of our blog these days so I guess I'll close with some pictures of her cute little face. Be prepared, there are a ton of pics, it is so hard to just choose a couple :)













11 comments:

Emily C said...

cute little Elenor. she has such a sweet smile.

where did you find that picture of you and the quints?? i had no idea that existed. that is awesome!

have a fun at the spa tomorrow. that sounds like a dream. what are you gonna do for your hair? i think you should cut an inch below the shoulder. and keep lots of blonde highlights, and maybe a honey low light.

love ya

Sarah said...

i will probably cut it the length it looks in that first picture with the spa brochure hiding the bottom of my hair. as for the color...bring on the blonde! i'm so sick of these roots :)

the Getschers said...

Gasp! Adorable dress! And happy birthday, that really does sound nice! Eleanor is too cute!

Anonymous said...

loved the quints photo...wish I had a picture of me at that age with my girl's world thingmaker!

Eleanor does look so much older. Maybe she'll take her first steps at Christmas. Whoopee!

PLEASE show us pics of your hair even if you don't like it. I'm so excited for you. more whoopee!

freddie said...

sarah you should just wait to go to vernal to get your hair did. . . its worth the wait. . .hahahaha

Emily C said...

Don't forget to ask for lots of layers

Corey said...

I love Elenor's little polkadot dress! She has the cutest little smile! I hope you enjoy your pamper session. Going to the salon is always such a welcome treat for a new mom! Happy Birthday!

Megan Bush said...

I'm glad you have this blog so I can stalk you. Oh, and happy late birthday! I'm glad it was good!

Jessica said...

lol at all the comments from the family. especially freddie's. i'm going to get my hair did this saturday -- let's just say you post inspired me. i just wish i was getting a massage along with it!

Parkinson Family said...

how fun! happy birthday and the dresses eleanor has are so cute!

lrbodine said...

I'm one of Jessica's friends from BYU and came across your blog and just had to comment on someone thinking your baby is a boy. My daughter is almost two and she still gets mistaken for a boy even wearing an ALL PINK dress. Luckily after 2 years of this - I'm used to it. It used to drive me crazy because I just wanted to tell them to look at what she is wearing before commenting!