So for Mardi Gras we had a last minute get together with some friends that live a couple of blocks away. My friend Rachel texted me to say happy Mardi Gras and I had totally forgotten about it. I had seen a king cake at a local bakery over the weekend so I thought I'd go grab one and have them over for a little celebration. I had red beans in the crockpot, so it worked out perfectly. They brought some french bread and salad and we were good to go! It's so nice to have friends close by especially during holidays when you miss your family. I feel so lucky to have so many good friends here! Maybe next year I'll be a little more on top of things (and not have a sinus infection) and have ALL our friends over for a Mardi Gras Mambo!
Here are our "decorations" (and notice my lovely tulips I got for Valentine's Day)...


Too bad I forgot to get my camera out again until they were leaving. I did get one shot of Eleanor with her little buddy Hannah. They are only 5 days apart. Eleanor still isn't sure how to smile for the camera, but Hannah's got it down pretty good!

Oh and this post wouldn't be complete without a picture of our half eaten king cake!

Eleanor was pretty excited about all the beads. She was so excited to discover they were still there the next morning!

And to close, here's a flashback to a year ago when we went down to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Oh how I miss my chubby little baby.

Laissez les bon temps rouler! Let the good times roll!
8 comments:
That baby picture is crazy! How fast she grew. She doesn't even look like herself..ha ha.
Glad you were able to celebrate mardi Gras with such authentic decorations...I love it.
Looks like fun! Emily has talked about King Cakes before...one of these days I'll have to see what they're all about.
I love the baby picture of Eleanor with her cute chubby little legs!!
Ok, I am with ya, we totally forgot about mardi gras too with all the sickness we have had this last week and weekend. We will have to do a big party next time, how fun! I love your v-day flowers they are very pretty and it makes me excited for spring to see them. I am with Jessie, Eleanor is dang cute and I can't believe how fast she has grown and before long you will have another one here... Love the picture of her and Hannah...
did it taste any good? i'm surprised your local bakery had king cakes. thats pretty cool
oh my goodness, that first picture with eleanor in it had me do a double take because she looks so much like YOU!!! or at least like one of your baby pictures. hahaha. that is so funny!
our local bakeries here had king cakes as well, but i didn't even bother getting any because for me the ONLY king cake is the mackenzie bakery ones and i think they went out of business a while ago. :(
hope you're feeling better!
Hi E:
You are turning into such a beautiful girl! I can't wait to come see you next month!
Love,
Grandpa Doug
Hey there! This is the friend that invited herself over for your mardi gras party. :) I seriously felt bad, but I am so glad the we came over and we sure enjoyed those red beans and the king cake! Oh and I just love that picture of our two little cutie patooties!
How fun! I didn't realize that Eleanor and Hannah were only 5 days apart!! I'm glad you had fun and I hope you're feeling better. I have been sick with all kinds of crazy things this pregnancy (thanks a lot nursery...) I have gone more days than I want to admit on just peanut butter and jelly...so if you need to really hide your bag of reeses well, my address is....jk.
Post a Comment