Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Margherita English Muffins

(This one's for you, Emily) So I made a delicious discovery that I thought I'd share. The other day as I was walking through Sam's Club, the English Muffins looked really good to me so I got them. Fast forward to tonight. Andrew has a night class on Tuesdays so he's gone from 7 in the morning until 8 at night, so it's just me and Eleanor all day. Well I decided I'd get creative for dinner and wanted to use my new english muffins. I'm also really loving tomatoes right now so I decided to try out a little tomato basil pizza. Here's what I did... Mix a little E.V.O.O., balsamic vinegar, and minced garlic. Lightly toast the english muffins and spread this mixture on them. Cut up tomatoes (my favorite is campari tomatoes-yummy) and sprinkle salt and pepper on them. Put tomatoes and mozarella cheese on english muffins. Sprinkle basil on top. I'm sure fresh basil would be delicious but I only had the dried kind. Bake at 400 for about 10 minutes. Check out these bad boys. (Don't mind the gingerbread man baking sheet)

Yummy!

I will never eat another Bagel Bite again! These little things were SO good! I actually ate all 4 of them :) Well maybe just 3 1/2 because Eleanor had a couple of bites of one.

And speaking of Eleanor, here's what she looks like these days. She is so cute and so much fun! She is learning so many new things, and it's fun to watch her actually understand things and try and communicate. She "talks" so much but really only knows about 4 or 5 words (Da-da, bye, hi, woah, oh, and I think she says yum and what's this). I can't wait until I can actually understand what she's trying to tell me, because it sounds pretty interesting. Here she is playing with her Princess laptop - She's a better blogger than I am.

And if you haven't already guessed by now with the weird cravings, I'm pregnant! I'm due the beginning of August, so that makes me about 13 weeks. I haven't been sick at all, which I feel really grateful for! I get a little nauseated if I haven't eaten anything in a while, but let's be honest, I've never really been the type to go for long without eating :) I've been super tired, but all things considered it's been pretty easy (knock on wood). We had an ultrasound a couple of weeks ago and everything looks good. We are really grateful and excited to have another sweet baby in our family!

11 comments:

Emily C said...

cute little eleanor. its been way to long since you posted pics of her, she's changed so much, her hair is longer!!

did you get a new camera? that really sux you had to buy a new one.

so those english muffin pizzas look awesome, and i'm gonna do a costco trip this week so i'm gonna pick up english muffins and some mozzerella. also did you get your tomatoes there too? and what in the world is EVOO?

Anonymous said...

it's extra virgin olive oil, duh! don't you watch rachael ray?

JoshandJen said...

Sarah, those looks so so yummy and I am glad that I am not the only pregnant women that has been eating a ton of tomatos lately :) I am so going to make those soon, I would have never thought of that. I am super excited that you are going to have another baby, I can't wait till you find out what it is. The last time you were ready to deliver Eleanor and I was a few months pregnant and now we are pregnant again :)

Sharlyn said...

Congrats on Baby #2! I'm glad the pregnancy has been relatively easy for you!

Heather said...

Congratulations, Sarah!! That is great! I wondered when you made the comment about food..... :) And your pizzas sound amazing...which is saying something, since food in general is not appealing now that I've entered the 8th month pity party! :)

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

Congratulations!! I didn't know you were adding another little addition to your family. How exciting!

And those little pizza's look sooo good. I'm definitely going to have to try them!

anna said...

Congratulations Sarah! The food looks amazing - and I love that you can make just a few because I would probably be the only one at my house to eat them :)

The Wilkins Family said...

Yay you're pregnant again!! We're so happy for you both:) Glad you're feeling good too.

darbie said...

Congrats! I'm so excited for you guys! Two is quite the adventure, but a pretty fun one.

James and Jessica Ford said...

I just got caught up.. O.K. my favorite pics are the ones of Eleanor is those skelaton jammies...oh my goodness! I am buying some next year! and those pics your sister took are so cute. Good luck with the upcoming months. I am just impressed you're cooking at all. Way to go.

freddie said...

hey she knows 6 words, dont forget she can sy "DoDo"