Eleanor is growing up way too fast. She is turning into a little toddler right before my eyes. Although I miss my little baby Eleanor, it is still so fun to watch her grow and learn new things everyday and get better at communicating and responding.
-She can put her shoes in the shoe basket after taking them off and throw things in the trash for me (sometimes), which I can foresee coming in very handy with a newborn and lots of diapers!
-She talks A TON, but only knows a few words - dada, mom, some(which basically means food), no (which I'm not quite sure she understands the meaning of), bye, hi (she says hi and bye to everybody and everything!), go, uh-oh, baby, and her own version of "what's that".
-She can sign all done, more, and milk.
-I never thought I'd talk about poop on my blog, but I think it's so cute when after she poops that she points at her diaper and waves her hand over her nose and says something that sounds like stinky stinky.
-She's also gotten pretty good at a couple of animal sounds. She can tell you what dogs, cats, and cows, and sheep say. She can also identify her eyes, nose, teeth, toes, hair, head, hands, belly button, and knees.
-One of my favorite new things she does is give hugs, this totally melts my heart!
-She likes to look at pictures of Jesus. Last week she FINALLY folded her arms during family prayer. We've been working on this for a while, and it was so cute to actually see her do it on command. After we finished reading scriptures we said Eleanor, it's time for prayer, fold your arms. And sure enough, she put her little hands together and bowed her head. What a special moment!
While we were in Utah about two weeks ago (yeah, I have no pictures of my own to post, I guess we were too busy/having too much fun to get the camera out) my sister Laura took some really great pictures of Eleanor for one of her classes, check them out here.
Here's a conglomerate of pictures and videos of what else we've been up to recently...
Eleanor at bath time. This girl has a ton of hair!
Bed Head after pigtails.
I'm 24 weeks! and Eleanor loves Barney.
Last week they had a family night at the Student Recreation Center. They had free pizza and free admission to the pool, where they also had Finding Nemo projected on one of the walls in the pool area. Eleanor LOVED the pool. At bath time, I think she gets really confused why no one else gets in with her to play, so she loved that we were all in the big pool together.
Last week I bought some Kool Aid Jammers (basically Capri Suns, but on clearance) on a whim. I figured it would be a good way to celebrate the arrival of warm weather. So Eleanor and I headed out to the backyard and had them and blew bubbles. She was loving life!
We are so happy that Eleanor is a part of our family!
9 comments:
i love eleanor's face in the swimsuit pic, it pretty much sums her up hahaha, ps those car crash pics are sickawucka
Great update on Ella-dorable!
I hope I can get some of those huggies from her. You look great in that picture. I didn't know you had chosen the name Barney. hmmm Get some rest!
awwww I miss eleonor!! we became such good friends when ya'll were in provo... I miss coming home to my pootie tang and zaza haha love you.
Ah, what a cutie patootie! She's growing up! I wonder what you're going to name your next little addition? I like the meaning of Eleanor's name - it seems to suit her so well!
Isn't picking baby names so fun :) Eleanor is so cute, I love that picture of her in the bathtub with her hair sticking everywhere! She is growing up so fast. You look GREAT!! I swear I don't know how you do it and not look pregnant, I need your secret ;)
Sarah, your arm was disgusting when it got cut open but I had to look! How did they sew it up when there was a big chunk taken out? I just realized that this is the wrong post. Oops. Anyway, I read your blog from time to time hope that doesn't creep you out!
Brenna
Oh, this is Brenna, as in Conor's sister.
time for more pictures please!
i totally thought i had already commented! the girls loved seeing the videos. and you're right about eleanor's name being perfect for her! i wish we lived just a LITTLE bit closer so that day trips would be more doable. we miss you guys!
you are the skinniest pregnant lady i know. and i can't believe i'm related to you. hahahah
i'm so glad you shared pics of eleanor, she is growing up. that bath pic is awesome.
miss you guys. hugs and kisses to sweetie eleanor
Post a Comment