Thursday, October 7, 2010

Today

I thought it was time to capture Penelope's cute little smile. She had her first "real" (awake and actually looking at me) smile at about 4 weeks. It was almost as if she was saying thanks mom for putting up with me while I've been so fussy and not a good sleeper! She really didn't smile much after that. But the past couple of days she's really gotten the hang of it. She has the cutest, sweetest, kindest, most loving smile. I just love it! It makes me love her more and more every time I see her smile.



Eleanor wanted in on the action, too!

And here are more pictures, just because I think she's so cute. And really, how do you just pick one??

Oh, and Eleanor's been working on her personal progress :)

The days are definitely long, but I love my girls!!

5 comments:

mama said...

oh so sweet...Freddie was the same way. We thought he had no personality until about 4 months and then, BAM! The kid has laughed and giggled his way through many days...even when not exactly appropriate!!!

It looks like Penelope is storing nuts in those cute cheeks. Can't wait to squeeze her and YOU..hee hee

Jessica said...

what a sweet smile, indeed! what cute pictures and eleanor is looking so grown-up with her hair getting longer. it looks like it's gotten a lot blonder, too. can't wait for christmas!

JoshandJen said...

Cute, cute, cute girls!! You know when they are older you are going to have double trouble keep the boys away from them :) I am so glad that Penelope is doing better and I just can't get over how much older Eleanor looks now that she is a big sister..

Emily C said...

i love the last one of penelope. what a sweetie pie.

Tora Family said...

Cute blog, Whitmans! We found it via Jenn and Josh Anderson's blog! :)