Second of all, there will be a lot of pictures here! I haven't blogged in about 2 1/2 months, so this will be the reader's digest version. I'm afraid if I don't just get some catch-up posted, I might keep putting it off and never get around to blogging again!
Penelope got her bottom two teeth the weekend she turned 4 months. The week before they popped out Andrew went out of town for work so I got to deal with my poor little teething baby who refused to sleep and my poor little attention starved 2 year old. Sounds like fun, right?
Being 4 months and having teeth means we get to start baby food. Here's PP giving it a whirl.
Here's our attempt at a Christmas picture in front of our tree...yes, this is the best one we got!
The next few pictures basically sum up how you can find Eleanor most times of the day - with lots of accessories and junks!
I wish this next one wasn't so blurry, because I think it is priceless...
This is after Penelope's teeth were in and she was back to her sweet smiley self.
The following week we were on our way to St. Louis to spend Christmas at my sisters house with my mom and all my siblings and nieces and nephews. Here's Eleanor in the backseat of our new minivan we got the day before leaving. Andrew's car wasn't going to last much longer, so we decided to trade it in while it was still worth something. Now I'm sporting a Toyota Sienna. Woop woop! It made the trip very doable! Eleanor was (and is still) so excited to ride in it. I think she loves being up high and able to see everything.
Here are all the grandkids minus one on Christmas Eve in their new PJ's
Here's our little family. On a side note, Andrew got the worst haircut of his life earlier in the day, so don't mind his military-mohawk haircut :)
I'm afraid this won't be the last time I see my kids pull each others hair. Penelope looks very sneaky, not to mention very drooly, in this picture :)

As luck would have it, my camera died on Christmas morning and I didn't bring a charger. Here are some family pictures we took with the whole clan once my sister Emily arrived on Christmas night.

Mom and the kiddies.

Mom and her 7 kids.

Just us...
(Eleanor is still working on her picture-taking skills)

It was so fun to be with my mom and all my siblings. And it was especially fun to see my girls with their cousins. It makes me sad that we all live so far apart!
We stayed in St. Louis almost a week and broke up our trip to and from with visits to Children's museums in Indianapolis (on the way there), and Dayton (on the way back). Eleanor was able to get some of her energy out and it was fun to see new places!
We also stopped at a Walmart at some point and got some good footage. Eleanor grabbed a plunger and was walking with it like it was a cane...I'm not really sure where she learned that?
Luckily when we got back home all our snow had melted (yesss!), which made it a little easier to return back to reality. BUT the above-freezing temperatures didn't last long and we've been staring at several inches of snow outside ever since.
We celebrated the new year by staying home, ordering pizza and getting a redbox!

We've been spending most of our days lately in our pajamas and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Tinkerbell, or doing any of the following....
Playing with Christmas presents


Coloring or painting (Eleanor's newest hobby)

Helping mom feed the baby. She actually did a really good job. I had set Penelope up in the high chair and was in the kitchen making rice cereal and I came out to find Eleanor already feeding Penelope. Here's a video.
Being really cute
As luck would have it, my camera died on Christmas morning and I didn't bring a charger. Here are some family pictures we took with the whole clan once my sister Emily arrived on Christmas night.
Mom and the kiddies.
Mom and her 7 kids.
Just us...
(Eleanor is still working on her picture-taking skills)
It was so fun to be with my mom and all my siblings. And it was especially fun to see my girls with their cousins. It makes me sad that we all live so far apart!
We stayed in St. Louis almost a week and broke up our trip to and from with visits to Children's museums in Indianapolis (on the way there), and Dayton (on the way back). Eleanor was able to get some of her energy out and it was fun to see new places!
We also stopped at a Walmart at some point and got some good footage. Eleanor grabbed a plunger and was walking with it like it was a cane...I'm not really sure where she learned that?
Luckily when we got back home all our snow had melted (yesss!), which made it a little easier to return back to reality. BUT the above-freezing temperatures didn't last long and we've been staring at several inches of snow outside ever since.
We celebrated the new year by staying home, ordering pizza and getting a redbox!
We've been spending most of our days lately in our pajamas and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse or Tinkerbell, or doing any of the following....
Playing with Christmas presents
Coloring or painting (Eleanor's newest hobby)
Helping mom feed the baby. She actually did a really good job. I had set Penelope up in the high chair and was in the kitchen making rice cereal and I came out to find Eleanor already feeding Penelope. Here's a video.
Being really cute
Humoring mom by taking a sister picture
Stealing dad's glasses
Trying to steal mom's drink
Dressing up in a "princess dress"/nightgown and dancing to "princess music"/Carrie Underwood
Putting on any/all princess paraphernalia and sneaking mom's blush and putting so much on that you look like you have a sunburn
Being cute some more
When we got back from St. Louis we did some sleep training with Penelope and it's gone really well. I think all that time away from her own crib made it easier for her to fall asleep on her own once we got home. She's finally on a somewhat of a schedule - She wakes up around 7-7:30 am, she naps around 9:00 am for an hour or two, naps again around 1:00 pm for about 2 hours, and is in bed by about 6-6:30. She sometimes wakes up one more time to eat before we go to bed, and then gets up one more time around 4:00 am, then back to sleep until 7 or 7:30 am. It makes life so much better once babies have a more predictable schedule.
And here's one more video of Penelope and a new little trick she's picked up.
Andrew's still working full-time and taking classes part-time. He only has classes on Monday nights this semester, but they go until 11:30 at night. We decided we'd rather that than have him gone 3 nights a week. It's also made Wednesday nights a breeze because I don't have to take the girls with me to Young Women's. Well, I think that about sums things up. Now I'm off to watch the Bachelor and wait for Andrew to get home from class.
12 comments:
Yea for an update!!!!! :)
Hahahahah I loved all of the videos. I miss y'all so much. Eleanor is gonna be such a pal when she learns how to talk. I love when she tries to have conversations with you hahaha and Penny and her angry cry-- so funny! can't wait to see you in a few months.
that plunger cane is genius! eleanor cracks me up hahaha
i love watching the videos of your girlie bugs cuz i feel lik i get to know them better. pp is such a sweetie pie. she always gives the sweetest looks- melts my heart. you can't help but just love her. and i think eleanor is hilarious how GIRLY she is. i mean, she is REALLY girly! this is all so funny, considering out of the 5 girls in our family, none of us were ever that girlie. miss you so much! lylas and keep up this blogging thing!!
How fun to see the updates! They're growing up so fast!
love the sneaky PP shot pulling eleanor's hair! hahaha. i can't believe she can already get on all fours and scoot around! she'll be walking by the time she's 7 months. hahahahahaha. we miss you. the kids love watching the videos.
Eleanor cracks me up Sarah!! I think she has the Hanson personality for sure :) I wish we lived closer bcuz say and eleanor look like they would be such good friends. keep up the posts... love looking at them!
Love this post and love all of the pictures! I am glad you got to spend time with your family for Christmas. Eleanor cracks me up with all of her accessories, what a girlie girl...Penelope is so cute and has the biggest eyes, just adorable! that hair pulling picture reminds me of Delaney, she loves to pull hair right out of your head. Penelope is growing so fast, I keep forgetting that her and Delaney are just 2 months apart..and you are a brave mama, I haven't ventured into letting the kids paint yet :)
Penelope has the most beautiful eyes! What cute girls. I hope you guys are doing great! We miss all of our Akron buddies, say hi to everyone for us!
Great pictures and videos Sarah. I have a bunch on my camera from Christmas, but not sure how to send them to you. You'll have to walk me through it so that you can have them. Stay warm!
i think its about time for a new post! what have you been up to? haven't talk to you in forever. i've just been staying busy planning pearce's overhyped bday party. you?
my favorite picture is of Eleanor with all her "junks" and accessories, she and Whitney seem to be cut from the same mold! Whitney is always carrying around a box or bag or basket full of random things that are precious to her that day. cute girls. glad you're doing well.
Post a Comment