Monday, April 4, 2011

Time flies when you're having fun

I can't believe how much my girls are changing everyday! Eleanor has been doing a lot of pretend play lately. She is so imaginative and creative when she plays. I think this is probably much different than I was as a child. I imagine I just sat in a corner and counted things or something like that.

She likes to play hide and seek with Donald Duck, he's usually hiding in the closet in the family room. The other day she even wanted me to take a picture of him, which is pretty big for Eleanor because she LOATHES taking pictures. Here is Eleanor pointing to Donald Duck. He's sitting on the picnic bench next to Buzz Lightyear - you might not be able to see him (he's imaginary).


She's very much into tea parties with all of her bears. And lately has even added smoothies to the menu.


Today we had a pretty rainy yucky day so we stayed indoors. Eleanor kept talking about going to the park and finally I found her in the living room "going down the slide" and asking me if Penelope wanted to swing.


Then she wanted to ride the choo choo.


Eleanor is so full of energy! She is exhausting and wonderful and fun all at the same time and brings so much joy to my life!

Speaking of bringing joy to my life, Penelope is pretty good at that, too! You can't look at her without getting a smile out of her. Oh, she is cute!

Remember this little baby...



Well, I'm happy to report she now LOVES bath time.



Penelope is my little sweetheart. She is so patient and smiley and full of life. She wants to do everything that Eleanor is doing. She has even mastered going up the stairs. I love watching Penelope and Eleanor's personalities develop. They are so different in so many ways, but I just know they are going to be best buds!

5 comments:

Emily C said...

i love your videos. i feel like i can see their personalities better. that eleanor sure does have alot of energy but EVEN more imagination is right. that train idea is so clever. and its still hard to believe she is a little girl and not a toddler anymore. they grow up so fast...
speaking of...Penny!! she's already caught up to pearce! what a little blessing she is- always smiling and as sweet as can be. she is the fastest crawler i've ever seen.

mama said...

So cute. Love those little girls. Penelope is lucky to have Eleanor...she'll never be bored. As hard as the first year can be, it is so much fun to have them close in age like that. I'm hoping for another trip there this summer. Fingers crossed!

M & S Eagar said...

Your girls are too cute. It's been fun watching them grow! It was good to see you last night.

anna said...

My kids love to slide down the couch cushions too! You seem to take better than me though :)

Jessica said...

what the bunnysauce?? i thought i left a comment when you first put up this post! i LOVE eleanor's imagination. it is hilarious. especially that she has imaginary disney friends. so funny. and i still can't believe how much older penelope seems. she should be too little to do everything she does!