Thursday, January 19, 2012

We made it!

In case you were wondering, we made it to North Carolina safe and sound :) Today is actually one month since we left Akron, so I guess it's time for an update!

Here are some pictures from our last Sunday at church...
These two are so much fun when they are getting along.

This is Eleanor's nursery class (there were actually quite a few kids gone that day). Kind of sad to think this would have been her sunbeams class, too. Her new sunbeams class just has 2 other boys and she asks if her other friends will be at church every week.

Me and my Laurels.

The next day (Monday, December 19th) all of our stuff got loaded on the moving truck. The girls and I spent the day playing with friends and running errands around town while Andrew was in charge of cleaning and facilitating the movers. When that was all done we said goodbye to some friends and then we were on the road by about 5. We spent that night in Charleston, West Virginia then we headed to Charlotte on Tuesday (December 20). The movers came to our new house on Wednesday (December 21) and were done by about 3 o'clock. I was so anxious to get settled that we spent the rest of that day and the next morning unpacking, then it was on to New Orleans to spend Christmas with my family. (Crazy to think we had about 95% of our stuff unpacked within 24 hours!)

So after one night in our new house we were on the road again...


We got to New Orleans Friday afternoon (December 23), then it was time for some good old relaxation and fun with my family.

Here's Eleanor Christmas morning with Penelope's presents. I had a feeling that might happen. Next year I think I'll put Eleanor's name on Penelope's presents and vice versa .

My sister Laura was so nice and decorated a gingerbread house with Eleanor.

Eleanor and dad taking a break from their snacks.

Playing at the park with Uncle Jacob.

Yummy po-boys! I think I would be OK to only eat po-boys for the rest of my life :)

Despite the lack of documentation, we did a lot of other fun things while in New Orleans. (I know I sound like a broken record, but I really need to take more pictures. It's actually my new year's resolution, so stay tuned for lots of pictures more frequently) We spent Christmas day in Thibodaux with my mom's family, we went to Riverwalk, played lots of Dance Central on Kinect and Rock Band, went to Cafe Du Monde for beignets, ate lots of yummy food, and just got to have a really relaxing time with my family!

Here's a quick video of Eleanor dancing in a souvenir shop at the Riverwalk, she found a hat that really inspired her. Check out her moves...


Since being in Charlotte I've noticed that I managed to pick up a little bit of a midwest accent while we lived in Ohio. You can definitely hear it in words like actually, bathroom, tag, rag, and a few others. It makes me happy that I got to take a little part of Ohio with me :)

Anyway, now that we're back in Charlotte, the girls and I have done lots of exploring. We've replaced Target and their popcorn combo with Sonic's happy hour and the park. I guess times are tough over at Target because the price of the popcorn combo went up and now they charge extra to replace the drink for an ICEE. Plus, I think a Powerade slush is probably a little more healthy for my 3 and 1 year old than a "blueberry" ICEE.

And speaking of healthy replacements (not), we've also replaced ChickFilA with McDonald's in a quest to obtain all of the chipmunk toys. Not to mention we found a McDonald's with a playplace that the girls really like. Here's a video of them doing a little dance at dinner one night. And just a reminder, I'm definitely not a candidate for world's best mom :)



We also LOVE our backyard and the mild weather we've been having.






Here's Penelope at the park...

She takes her baby with her everywhere, it's pretty cute and much more portable than Eleanor's blankie.

Here's Eleanor's first day of primary. She is so cute and so creative and so fun to be around!


She was playing in the bathroom cabinets the other day and found my curling iron, which I'm not even sure I've ever used. After I told Eleanor what it was for she wanted me to do her hair, so for the first time ever I curled someone's hair! I think she looks so cute. It is so weird to see her with her hair done because she barely lets me brush it.

And, as you can tell, she still doesn't like looking at the camera to take pictures!

Andrew's started classes again so he's gone 3 nights a week for class and stays a little bit later at work on the other 2 days to make up for time that he's gone while at school. It's hard to believe (and exciting to think about!) that this will be his last semester. It will be so nice to have someone around to help at dinner time. I think for the majority of their lives, my girls haven't eaten dinner with Andrew. Kind of crazy, huh?

We definitely miss Akron, especially our friends, but I feel really grateful that we have a job, our health, our family, and of course the nice weather doesn't hurt!

7 comments:

Domestic Diva said...

Fabulous update! Good to know you guys are all settled, your girls are growing so fast and looking adorable! How wonderful Andrew is in his last semester of School, good for him! That will be such a relief, and so nice to have him back for dinner time! Have fun exploring your new home-town!

Jessica said...

hip hip hooray!!! a new post!!! i've been dying to hear how your move has gone. the girls are getting so big. eleanor looks so cute with her hair all curled, and i hear you because my girls pretty much never let me brush their hair either. perhaps i should introduce them to a curling iron as well...

i love that you've replace mcdonald's with chicfila in order to get the chipmunks. they sure know how to market to their audience. hahaha. every time we pass one jane squeals "mcdonalds!" and we don't even go there all that often!

i love how big your back yard is the videos of the kids are so cute! my kids love seeing them. we totally should skype one of these days. lylas!!!

Beth, Cody, Morgan, Pepper, Hazel said...

I'm so glad you updated. I've been wondering how everything went. We miss you guys. I went to chick-Fil-a this morning and thought of you guys. I'm glad things sound like they're going well. Oh, and good luck with the help for dinner. Cody has never been in school in our marriage but has also rarely ever had dinner with our kids during the week. Here's hoping:) Can't wait for more pics of your adorable family.

Emily C said...

you can't help but bust a move when you're in Nawlin's ~~~ go head on Eleanor!!

videos are my very favorite, b/c you can really see their personalities, especially at mcd's with both girls. and does andrew have a white iphone??? (if so, totes jealous!!)

i never really thought about how andrew is working/school so late ALL THE TIMe and that the girls never get to eat dinner with him. that's along time sarah. you guys are both troopers. it will be wonderful to have a "normal" evening once he graduates. cheers!

i love the big back yard, and i love the girls cute church outfits!! keep posting!! i miss you guys!!!

Nicole S said...

A) You are SUPERMOM for unpacking almost all your stuff in 24 hours.
B) I hope you got that hat for Eleanor cause she had some wicked cool moves.
C) Penelope already looks SOOO much older! She just barely started walking yesterday and now she looks all toddler grown-up
D) FUN backyard...looks amazing, perfect for kids running around
E) Eleanor's hair looked so cute!
F) March can't come soon enough.

JoshandJen said...

I LOVE all of your pictures!! I am so glad you are settled and things look so nice there, especially the weather!! Whenever we move, I am SO OCD about things being put away or I tend to freak out, so its always put away within 24 hours if not sooner, I really need to learn to chill more. So I was finishing up my visiting teaching and I made spiced oatmeal cake to take to all of my girls, I drove by your house and totally realized that I wouldnt be dropping one off to you, sniff, sniff....just know you are missed TONS here in the Akron ward!!!

Emily C said...

hey girl, i think its time for an update, whadoyathink?