August will be over before you know it, so I better document what we were up to in June and July. I don't always have my camera nearby, but I usually have my phone, so most of my documentation is in the form of camera phone pictures :) Luckily I have those, because it's fun to look back at them and remember little things that I might have forgotten.
Andrew's boss volunteers with Boys and Girls Club so Andrew offered to help with a fundraiser they were having. We went along and had a fun time! They had a bunch of health and wellness booths set up. The girls loved the balance beam.
It was at an outdoor shopping center with a little splash fountain so the girls were loving that...
we also got to ride on a little train there, too...
Here's a little video montage of some of the fun we had there...
Andrew's dad and sister came in town and we went exploring "Uptown" Charlotte (which actually feels more like a downtown) and we went bowling...
Andrew also got to go golfing with his dad. He's been so excited to use his new clubs. In law school they used a research program called Westlaw and if you used it a lot and went to info sessions and stuff like that you got points. Andrew saved up all his points all 4 years for some golf clubs from their reward catalog so he's pretty proud of them :)
Eleanor let me curl her hair. By the way, these pajamas are her favorite "outfit". I think clothes with characters on them are kind of tacky so I only buy pajamas with them. But Eleanor thinks these pajamas are the coolest thing in her closet. They were like $3 at walmart around Christmas time and are a super cheap fleece material. And even now that it's summer she still loves to wear them all the time! Kind of reminds me of my little sister Amy. She used to obsess over one or two certain "outfits" :)
Pretty girl!
The girls love checking on our tomato plants and Eleanor especially loves to water them.
Penelope loves playing Strawberry Shortcake games on the computer and watching their music videos. In fact, she loves EVERYTHING strawberry shortcake!
Start of 3rd trimester (28 weeks)-end of June, I think
I came downstairs one morning to find the girls "bowling" and wearing funny outfits (or in Penelope's case, no outfit at all except a hat)
Penelope loves playing dress up and filling up bags and purses with random stuff...
Wearing some stick-on earrings her friend sent her in the mail. She was thrilled, she loves earrings! Isn't she so pretty?
Here's a video of the girls playing dress up and dancing around...
Practicing "gymnastics" at a playplace
mmmmm Krispy Kremes!
Eleanor set herself up in this plastic bin and pretended to be Snow White. She wanted me to give her a kiss to wake her up. Pretty good use of props, it definitely looked like that glass case Snow White was in when she was sleeping, don't you think? :)
Eleanor is super proud of her "sandcastle" that she built
These girls are obsessed with checking to see if their tongues have changed color after eating freezie pops. Even after eating regular food they run to the bathroom and look in the mirror to see if it's changed color
It wouldn't be summer without Sonic happy hour!
Did I mention the girls love Strawberry Shortcake??
Taking a break from swimming in the backyard to have some lunch
And definitely can't forget about our many trips to Target.....
Eleanor insisted on posing on the big red ball
I let the girls pick out school stuff and then we put it all back. Hopefully when the times comes to really go to school, they will be this excited!
Loving the pool...
32 Weeks
Getting dressed up like cows for a free meal at Chick-Fil-A
After about 2 months of working on her reward chart for doing chores, Eleanor earned a new bike. We took her to Walmart and she picked out a Pinkalicious one! It even has a spot for a doll or stuffed animal to ride in the back, which is right up her alley.
And to close, one last video of the girls rocking out in the car. We love us some Kelly Clarkson :)
So there you have it, two months of Whitman Family fun in a nutshell. Are you sick of seeing pictures of my girls yet? I'll make it a goal to blog at least one more time before we have a new baby. That gives me almost six weeks, I think I can manage that :)
7 comments:
Freddie
said...
one month and counting!!! can't wait to see y'all!
woooooo! look at those dance moves!!! hahaha. we love kelly clarkson, too. :) the girls look SO much older!! especially penelly. i love all the dress up and the sleeping beauty glass coffin was perfect. i wish we lived closer so we could come and visit. i can't believe you're baby is due in 6 weeks!!!! that is crazy. have you decided on the spelling yet for the name?
eleanor is pretty in curls. penny's hair is so blonde! and she is so adorable. everytime i see pics of your kids i think pearce is a combo of both of them together.
its no fair that you always look so good/skinny when pregnant even in the 30s weeks. :(
pearce loved seeing the pics of pen dressing up and pushing grocery cart. she said "wook at that!!" and as far as the videos go, pearce kept saying "one more, mom!" so no- we are not sick of all the photos and videos... "one more!!"
its a good thing you are having another girl, b/c you have lots of good girly toys and dress up stuff. :-) i sooo wish pearce could go play girly stuff with them
I have been wanting to email you for umm..months now. I can't believe Andrew is graduated, you have three kids...weren't you just pregnant with Eleanor when we met??? And I cannot believe how much your girls are starting to look alike. Crazy. And I am jealous you went to chik fil A without me. I still haven't found someone to go with here. Oh,well. Can't wait for the big update with baby.
7 comments:
one month and counting!!! can't wait to see y'all!
woooooo! look at those dance moves!!! hahaha. we love kelly clarkson, too. :) the girls look SO much older!! especially penelly. i love all the dress up and the sleeping beauty glass coffin was perfect. i wish we lived closer so we could come and visit. i can't believe you're baby is due in 6 weeks!!!! that is crazy. have you decided on the spelling yet for the name?
andrew and mom should have a dance off!!! hahahahhaha
eleanor is pretty in curls. penny's hair is so blonde! and she is so adorable. everytime i see pics of your kids i think pearce is a combo of both of them together.
its no fair that you always look so good/skinny when pregnant even in the 30s weeks. :(
pearce loved seeing the pics of pen dressing up and pushing grocery cart. she said "wook at that!!"
and as far as the videos go, pearce kept saying "one more, mom!" so no- we are not sick of all the photos and videos... "one more!!"
its a good thing you are having another girl, b/c you have lots of good girly toys and dress up stuff. :-) i sooo wish pearce could go play girly stuff with them
lylas
oh and p.s. in my mind sonic + target = sarah. hahahahahaha. hahaha. lylas!
Such a fun update. Those videos are too funny! Love all he pictures.
I have been wanting to email you for umm..months now. I can't believe Andrew is graduated, you have three kids...weren't you just pregnant with Eleanor when we met??? And I cannot believe how much your girls are starting to look alike. Crazy. And I am jealous you went to chik fil A without me. I still haven't found someone to go with here. Oh,well.
Can't wait for the big update with baby.
Post a Comment