Tuesday, January 15, 2013

sometimes my kids look presentable

so I try to take their picture...

{I wanted to get a "birthday portrait" for each of them. Eleanor's birthday was in October, Penelope's birthday was in August.  
November seems close enough to their actual birthdays, right? Especially considering we threw a new baby into the mix in September.} 

sometimes they insist on wearing a green tutu...
sometimes they want nothing to do with taking pictures...

 


sometimes they cooperate...



sometimes they don't get along very well...

{fighting over a stick-turned-microphone}

sometimes they really like each other and play together so nicely...

 


but, one thing is for sure, I think they are always pretty cute!
       
and of course I couldn't leave out this little cutie from the post :) 


7 comments:

James and Jessica Ford said...

you are amazing at taking pics! i love them all. those girls are too cute. i love eleanors face in the pic before church...so cute.

Jessica said...

hahahaha. hilarious! i love all the action shots! what cute little girlie bugs. you captured their personalities perfectly! :)

Emily C said...

oh i love these photos of the girls!! i love them because they look so adorable, but also cuz it shows the real life, too. are kids every perfectly good 100% of the time?? Absolutely not!! As much as i love and adore pearce's absolute sweet sweet sweet side, i had to come to the realization and acceptance, that she also has another side to her as well - kind of angry/temper/defiant. EEK!! But I have to love her both sides.

I also love seeing El and Pen play together, how fun that they have siblings. I'm so glad Pearce will get a sibling soon.

cute cute cute girls, sarah. each post makes me miss you guys more and more. the girls have grown up SOOOO much since we were last together.

lylas.

Emily C said...

I was also gonna say, it looks like Eleanor really likes the camera! She gives you some really good shots! Is Penelly a little more shy in front of camera?

Sarah said...

Emily, it's usually the other way around. ELeanor will NEVER look at the camera but I had her tell me the goldilocks and three bears story and that got her really excited :) And Penelope fell asleep in the car on the way there so she wasn't in the best mood.

freddie said...

awwwwww. They're getting soooo big! I miss those girlie bugs!

mama said...

I smiled all the way through this post. I loved seeing the happy faces and the pouty little Penelope. I couldn't help but think of "if you chance to meet a frown..." I love how kids can go from miserable to laughing in no time. I wish I could do it as fast. Precious Molly couldn't be cuter!

xoxo