December started with a trip to Hunter Farm to look at some christmas trees, ride on a sleigh, and have a visit with Santa. As exciting as it is to pick out your very own over-priced christmas tree, we decided to go with our cheapy fake one for another year. So we just admired all of the beautiful real ones and Eleanor and Penelope ran through the rows and rows of trees. I tried to snap a picture but they were just having too much fun.
After all the frolicking through the trees we got in line for our sleigh ride.
We rode over to see the animals and give them something to eat. Santa was also in the barn with the animals, but the girls were more interested in hanging out with the goats, sheep, pigs, cows and chickens.
Penelope started to get a little bit nervous when the animals were getting loud so she found some reindeer to love right outside the barn.
Then it was time for our hayride back to the fire-pit for s'mores and hot chocolate.
And this is how Penelope felt about having hot chocolate when it's 71 degrees outside.
So from the first weekend in December until Christmas morning I didn't take any pictures on my camera. Oopsies. I did get some on my phone so I'll have to fill in the rest of December in another post with camera phone pictures. I think my point and shoot camera is on its last leg. Most of the pictures I took Christmas morning didn't really turn out so I mainly have video clips. So I thew them together and made a little movie. I figured it's probably a good way to organize all the videos I take, especially since it really does capture more than just a picture and the girls love to watch them. I just used Windows Movie Maker to do it, which turns out isn't very user friendly and you can't do a lot of cool stuff. (In college I used imovie a lot so that's what I'm used to. Anybody know if you can get imovie for a PC? Or is there a better movie making program for a PC?)
Anyway, here is a glimpse of our Christmas. We stayed home and enjoyed a nice Christmas together with just our family.
Since we didn't go anywhere for Christmas we decided to go on a fun outing to Discovery Place Kids. It was the best children's museum! We went the day after Christmas so it got a little crowded, otherwise we could have stayed all day. The girls loved it! Here's a video of some of the things we did there.
For New Year's we headed over to Wilmington to visit Andrew's parents. His sister was there with her husband and his grandparents were also visiting all the way from Washington. We had a barbque on New Year's day and enjoyed playing outside in the beautiful North Carolina weather!
5 comments:
I loved all of the pictures and videos. The tree looked so beautiful Christmas morning and the girls reminded me of you and your sisters getting all excited about your presents AND each others. Molly is still as adorable as ever. I wish I could come over and play!
xoxo
love seeing those 3 girls together. you are so good at taking pictures showing their personalities. your house looks so magical and festive for christmas. so fun to see all the colorful stockings hung, and big piles of presents.
loved seeing eleanor dancing with excitement for each present she opened (and even her stocking). that's gotta make santa feel real good ! :-)
and so sweet that they took turns opening presents and watching each other with excitement. what good patient kids you have!!
love you and your girls!! miss you so much!! i had a big smile on my face throughout the whole christmas video.
we loved watching those videos! so fun to see your christmas morning unfold. molly is so cute and i can't believe how much older she looks already. :)
Such a cute family! Watching that video just makes me happy:)
So when I played the video of Eleanor and Penelope at the Children's museum, they were fascinated/eyes-glued to the screen. "There's my friend" "Why did they move, Mom?"
We're excited for your visit! And how fun was that Tree farm place. Sweet Penelope found some reindeer to love. Eleanor seems so grown up and loves to jump in with both feet to anything she's doing. It's probably because you two parents are right there with them joining in on the fun and making it real with your questions and stuff. Encourages her and makes it all that much more fun. How cool for Molly to join a family as fun as all that!
Post a Comment