Saturday, March 23, 2013

The Everyday {January}

Somehow in the 15 minutes I'm taking a shower or putting Molly down to sleep, Eleanor and Penelope find a way to get into some serious mischief.  This particular time they painted Penelope. (Another time, which I didn't take a picture of because I was so mad, they had a yogurt fight and wasted about 10-12 tubes of gogurt and made a HUGE mess in the kitchen)
Impromptu concert on the coffee table before bed.
This is how we roll at Sam's Club...Pizza and Icees, lunch of champions ;)
Molly was wearing these jammies and I couldn't help recreate a picture we have of Eleanor when she was about the same age...
Eleanor (five months)
We never pass up a photo-op with Barbie at the entrance to Walmart...
or with Bob the builder at Toy's R Us
Tummy time!
Nothing like some video chatting and adding google effects.  The girls love having facial hair :)
Looking good, Eleanor!
Hi Miss Molly girl!
Cozying up with some Mickey Mouse Clubhouse while I clean the kitchen
Mischief alert:  They made a "tent", put the computer on the floor to watch something, and cut open their own freezie pops. Pretty sure I need to find a new time to take a shower!
Our house is going up fast!
We set up a real tent in the living room and had a pretend campout

4 year checkup (she actually turned 4 in October...better late than never, right?)
4 month checkup...we love this roly poly little cutie pie!
Highlight of January: This girl is potty trained! Woooo!
A few other things that happened in January that I don't have pictures of:
-my back went out on me and I was in some serious pain for almost 2 weeks.  After a couple trips to the chiropractor I felt much better!
-Andrew started an 8-week prep course for taking the bar exam.  He'd go into work a couple hours early to study and then stay a couple of hours late.  It was like he was back in school all over again.  We went a little crazy, and I'm not sure how I ever survived all the years he was in school.  Actually, yes I do know how I survived...I didn't do it all by myself, I KNOW I was not alone. That is exactly what the atonement is for.  I was reminded of this in the March Ensign in an article about the enabling power of the Atonement.  It mentions a verse from the hymn "How Firm a Foundation":
Fear not, I am with thee; oh, be not dismayed,
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.
I’ll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,…
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand. 
That's exactly how I feel, I know He gave me strength to do things I couldn't have done alone.
Elder Bednar said, “The enabling power of the Atonement strengthens us to do and be good and to serve beyond our own individual desire and natural capacity.” I love that and I know it is true!

1 comment:

Emily C said...

hahah i laughed out loud at the "painting penelope" picture. too funny. poor thing. love your house!! can't wait for yall to move in and enjoy it.

and i read your quote at the end this weekend when i really need some spiritual upliftment. so thanks for sharing :-)