Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Throwback to Laura's wedding -- March 8, 2014

In March we headed out to SLC for my sister Laura's wedding. Andrew was traveling for work and had to meet us there so I had the privilege of flying by myself with all 3 girls.  

(let the peace signs begin)
 Well, we made it and it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated it to be.  Things were going relatively well until I had sprite, cran-apple juice, and diet coke spilled all over me.  With about 20 minutes left in flight I consolidated all of our drink leftovers into one cup waiting for the flight attendant to come around and pick up trash.  And somehow Molly managed to dump it all over me. I jumped out of my seat to clean up the mess and a stewardess promptly approached me and reminded me to fasten my seatbelt for landing.  I Kind of snapped and said, "I'm working on it!" And then under my breath I mumbled, "if you would have picked up trash 5 minutes ago we wouldn't be having this problem right now." Haha kind of funny that's the main thing I remember from the flight.  Oh and losing Molly's shoe somewhere in the parking garage, on the shuttle from the garage to airport, waiting in line to check in, or at security checkpoint where I finally noticed as I went to take off her shoe(s). I looked like a great mom letting my 1.5 year old walk around barefoot through the airport. But, like I said, we made it! And we were so excited to be with all my family.  Amy met us at the airport to help me get all our stuff and kids to the rental car. 
  My girls wasted no time playing with their cousins and aunts and uncles.  Penelope and Pearce buddied up really quickly.
The next day (Friday) Andrew arrived and we spent the early afternoon at Chuck E. Cheese with all the kids, grandkids, and my dad. Then that evening Trevor's family hosted a dinner for everyone to get to know each other.  They ordered in Cafe Rio and had a mexican themed dinner.    
Finally the big wedding day was here.  My girls were so excited to get dressed up and see Laura in her pretty dress. 
These girlies were loving every minute they spent together.
Awwww, the newlywed lovebirds.  Their ceremony was really beautiful and so refreshing to be a part of and remember the covenants I've made.  And great advice from the sealer on putting each other first always and treating your spouse like a king/queen.  Trevor is such a nice person and I know he will be such a great partner in life for Laura.  I love to see that first picture of the bride and groom walking out of the temple doors.  It's exciting to think of all the adventures that lie ahead of them and how much more they will grow and love each other as time goes on and as they experience life together.


The three musketeers at it again...








Sweet Pearce and Molly.  Doesn't this just make you feel so happy?!
Beautiful bride, beautiful ceremony, beautiful reception, and just an all around beautiful day! And Laura, I think you and Trevor with have a peaceful life with all the peace signs thrown your way from the girls on your wedding day!  Love you Laura!

3 comments:

Emily C said...

let the peace signs begin!!! bahahahahhaha

trudat!!

sarah!! i loved seeing all your pics for the first time, and seeing it from your perspective. i laughed out loud about the plane ride. and you muttering under your breath. i love that sassy in you.

such an emotional pull on my heart seeing the girls together. cousins need cousins! can't wait to live closer for many frequent road trip visits. love ya!!

heidi said...

Let the peace signs begin! Awesome start to finish! And flight attendants are either the best or absolute worst.

freddie said...

hahaha Molly is quite the run away! I wish we all lived closer!!!