
but you get this....

Yeah, I got a new haircut...well it's new in the sense that I got it cut recently, but the style is not new at all...Think 1999, the Rachel from Friends haircut.
So last week I went to get a haircut at the salon Andrew's cousin goes to. She's a cute spunky teenager and she usually has cute hair and she reassured me that her girl would do an awesome job! Well I've been wanting to cut my hair a little shorter, just because I'm not used to having it so long and it just gets kind of limp and stringy and I don't know how to do anything cute with it. I was thinking about probably taking 2 inches off, and keeping it pretty long in front, not a lot of layers because I had finally grown most of my layers out that framed my face. Also, I wanted to put some more lowlights in so my hair is a little darker.
Let me set the stage a little bit. Andrew's cousin Emily is used to having the finer things in life so I figured she would go to some really nice salon, especially when she told me what I should expect to pay. I was really excited to go to an "awesome" hairdresser who Emily raves about all the time and get a new look from some posh salon. So after work last Tuesday I headed straight over to the salon, got stuck in traffic, and got a little lost. Well I was expecting to notice the salon from the road, but finally I spotted it after circling the block probably about 3 times. It was this single wide trailer looking thing, not really what I was expecting.
Anyway, I thought well maybe it'll be really great and fancy when I get inside and they'll offer me a sparkling water or a a diet coke with a lime. WRONG! The interior very well matched the exterior. I walked in and it smelled like cigarette smoke. Everyone had on way too red of lipstick, over-processed hair and way too tight of jeans. I really think I would have turned around and left if my hairdresser and Emily wouldn't have been waiting for me right at the door. You know that feeling you get when you see who will be your hairdresser for the first time and you realize you don't like one thing about their style? Yeah, you automatically wonder what they will do to your hair. Anyway, she sat me down to get started and asked me what I wanted so I proceeded to show her a picture of L.C.'s new haircut and told her that basically I wanted it to look just like that. Easy enough, right? WRONG! She did the coloring and from the looks of it when it was wet it looked just fine. Then she began the cutting. Well I wasn't turned towards the mirror so I didn't really know exactly what she was doing. Then she started to blow dry and I could tell it was pretty short especially in the front. I thought it was just maybe the sweetheart bangs that L.C. has in the picture I showed, wrong again!
Well finally she turns me around and I honestly felt like I was having a bad dream. I'm not really the kind of person to get attached to my hair but it really wasn't what I wanted and I've never been the kind of person that's able to verbalize something like that. So she was like do you like it and stupid me just nodded my head and was like mmmhmm. Andrew's sweet cousin was like ohhh Sarah it looks so good. I really think she meant it though. She styled it just like I was Rachel from Friends, but a little poofier. Needless to say, I didn't leave a tip.

Ok, I know, I know, you might think it really doesn't look that bad, but this picture doesn't really do it justice and I hate taking pictures of myself, so this will have to suffice. I guess just the way she styled it and how it was really short in places that I didn't want it short really disappointed me. Well it's just hair, right? Anyway, I can't wait to go visit good old Provo in April and get my hair done at my usual place.
7 comments:
ahahhahahahahahahhahaha, show some pics! hahahahaha
yes, but does it look as bad as your infamous Vernal haircut from Thanksgiving 2001? hahahaha. yeah, when are you going to post YOUR pics. hahaha.
love ya.
jess just called to tell us about your latest blog. WHOA!!! been there done that!!!!! you'll have post traumatic tremors for a while dawlin'... love ya
SARAH!!!!! the whole time i was carefully scrolling down not to spoil the final end picture!!! i was picturing it in my head and was left sorely disappointed to see no final picture to gawk at!! hahaha
this story completely reminded me of thanksgiving vernal gate. and you got the pretty Rachel layers then too... except he kept it really long with short layers like the brady bunch mom carol.
girl.. you gotta post the after pic.
too bad it didn't end up looking like LC's b/c i think her new haricut is super cute... and wouldn'tmind it myelsef...
plus freddie is over my shoulder telling me that she is super hot!!
hahahah
Oh NO! What a funny story, though... and sad!! That acutally HAS happened to me... even in a nice salon, what is with hairdressers turning people into 90's Jennifer Aniston?? I swear it's their default haircut. I'm sure you still look beautiful!
What? No photos? You have to at least give us a visual. I am sure it looks as cute as you:)
Still waiting for the picture of you!!
Post a Comment