A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air combined with the effects from wind speeds will generate low wind chills. This will result in frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
Hypothermia? Really? Yikes! We've also probably gotten about ten inches of snow in the last week or so. Needless to say we stayed inside all weekend except for church this morning. Actually, now that I think about it, I have only left the house about 3 or 4 times in the last 2 weeks. It takes me like 30 minutes just to get out of my parking spot because of all the snow! Plus, ever since my accident (click here and here for more details), I'm not a fan of driving in the snow.
So, if you hadn't already guessed, we are going a little stir crazy. I got Eleanor a little play mat thing (we call it her jungle gym) with things hanging overhead to alleviate some of this monotony. I'm not sure what I did with her before I got this. She can spend a good 20 minutes playing on it by herself. Here she is before church this morning...
(This is her new look she gives me whenever I get the camera out and start soliciting her for a smile-a blank stare)
She does better with candid shots I guess
She really seems to like it and has started reaching for things a lot more now. Tonight she even rolled over 4 times in about a 15 minute period! Hopefully she'll figure out how to roll from her stomach to her back next so she won't get so frustrated when she gets stuck on her stomach!
One more thing, does anyone else notice her reddish-copper tinted hair in those pictures? I'm excited to see what it will grow to look like. I never would have thought I'd have a little red-head! She sure is cute!
One more thing, does anyone else notice her reddish-copper tinted hair in those pictures? I'm excited to see what it will grow to look like. I never would have thought I'd have a little red-head! She sure is cute!
4 comments:
Don't you hate the cold? I'm ready for summer! :) I can't believe how big Eleanor is getting and that she's rolling over!
Brittany was also saying on her blog the weather is crazy like that in Kentucky.
yuck! sorry that you are stuck in the house! that is the worse. i thought i had it bad this saturday being stuck without a car. but i guess that is no REALLY being stuck when you can walk places or ride your bike AND it's sunny.
Eleanor is getting really pretty. her face is so delicate.
Eleanor is so pretty!
HOLY CRAP, Sarah, I never saw the before picture of your arm until now! I usually find gore, etc., fascinating, but maybe it's because I know the person that arm belongs to....my stomach was rolling!
ANYWAY, I agree with everyone, Eleanor is a cutie!
Post a Comment