We started our vacation in Leland, North Carolina where the weather was much warmer than here in Ohio so we got to take little Eleanor out for a walk around the neighborhood.
When Andrew's sister Jessica and her husband Terance got into town we headed up to the beach in Nag's Head, North Carolina. It was a six hour drive from Leland and Eleanor did surprisingly well in her car seat.
While in Nags Head we went to the aquarium...
I guess only Andrew and I got the memo when the lady taking the picture told us to act scared :)Eleanor and me at the beach (it actually got pretty chilly there)

We also visited a VERY Christmas-decorated house





We also went to the Wright Brothers Museum in Kitty Hawk. I thought it was fascinating! The Wright brothers are some of my new heroes.We also visited a VERY Christmas-decorated house
This is a replica of their plane that took off in 1903
This is the spot where the plane lifted off for the first time
These are the markers for each of the spots that the plane made it to on their first few runs
We headed to New Orleans on December 29th. Our first night there was probably one of my favorite memories of our whole vacation. My mom and the kids had set up some tables outside and we had a nice little barbecue with some Bourgeois sausage and hamburgers! It was so fun to be with all my family!
Since Andrew, Eleanor, and I were the last to arrive we still had Christmas presents to swap. Emily got me a pretty little picture frame with a picture of Eleanor in it.
I got Freddie a tie and he's always had a thing for cross-stitched sayings so I made him one
I got Ethan and Grace some shirts from the Outer Banks.

Emily and Eleanor

Sophie, Ethan and Grace

The next day we went down to the French Quarter and got some beignets at Cafe Du Monde






All the kids...


Here are Jessica's kids on their last night in town.
We got a king cake! Yum!

Me and Grace and Amy in the background

Andrew and I went to Palace Cafe one day for lunch and then saw Hurricane on the Bayou at the IMAX Theater.

We also went and walked around the Riverwalk

We went to Thibodaux on New Year's day and my
Grandma and Grandpa Bourgeois got to meet little Eleanor.

After church on Sunday we went to Audubon Park
and took some pictures. Here are some of our favorites...









I just love Eleanor's little grumpy face...

Emily and Eleanor
Sophie, Ethan and Grace
The next day we went down to the French Quarter and got some beignets at Cafe Du Monde
All the kids...
Here are Jessica's kids on their last night in town.
We got a king cake! Yum!
Me and Grace and Amy in the background

Andrew and I went to Palace Cafe one day for lunch and then saw Hurricane on the Bayou at the IMAX Theater.
We also went and walked around the Riverwalk
We went to Thibodaux on New Year's day and my
Grandma and Grandpa Bourgeois got to meet little Eleanor.
After church on Sunday we went to Audubon Park
and took some pictures. Here are some of our favorites...
I just love Eleanor's little grumpy face...
So, as you can see, we had an awesome vacation! We especially loved being with family! It is pretty lonely coming back home and just having it be the three of us. Eleanor was really getting used to having lots of people around. She is "talking" a lot more and much louder.
When we got back home we were greeted with a STINKY fridge. Somehow it got turned off while we were gone and everything went bad. We've tried everything to clean it! Yesterday Eleanor and I locked ourselves upstairs in her room for the whole afternoon while Andrew scrubbed down the fridge with ammonia. That stuff is potent! The fridge still reeks today so Andrew just went over to the office to ask about getting a new one.
Well I guess it wouldn't be a blog post without some random pictures of Eleanor. Here she is in her new Bumbo chair. She is getting so strong!When we got back home we were greeted with a STINKY fridge. Somehow it got turned off while we were gone and everything went bad. We've tried everything to clean it! Yesterday Eleanor and I locked ourselves upstairs in her room for the whole afternoon while Andrew scrubbed down the fridge with ammonia. That stuff is potent! The fridge still reeks today so Andrew just went over to the office to ask about getting a new one.
I guess that's what happened after Hurricane Katrina...everyone came home to stinky fridges that had to be thrown out, yuck!



4 comments:
LOVED IT!!!! lovdd all the pics and commentary. and i especially love that the picture outside cafe du monde is our family photo for the year. i probably should have showered for the day and put "real" clothes on. hahahaha.
eleanor sure is cute. the kids miss her and wish they could play with her some more. and you know, you don't have to be SO lonely...we DO live in the same state...
yeah I know, we're coming down for MLK day...get the air mattress ready :) im being serious, so let me know if that's ok with y'all :)
such a long and fabulous post! i love that top picture on your blog header. super cute. you should blow it up and put a pretty mat and frame on it and hang above the fireplace!
looks like yall had teh vacation of the century!! two pretty places in teh U.s. nice. all i have to say is sweet, sweet Eleanore.
What a great way to spend the holidays! That's so cool that you were able to visit both sides of the family. I'm sure everyone was ooooing and ahhhhhing over sweet little Eleanor. Your family pictures are really nice too. I loved the park setting.
Post a Comment