Friday, April 24, 2009

Happy half birthday!

Today Eleanor is 6 months old! I can't believe how fast the time has gone. She's not a little newborn anymore. We moved up to size 3 diapers last week and they are no longer "swaddlers"- that made me kind of sad to think she is now a "cruiser". (Sorry, that probably makes no sense if you don't speak Pampers)

She sleeps through the night regularly now which also means newborn days are long gone. She is such a great sleeper. I owe all my sleep training credit to Dr. Weissbluth. I refer to him like I know him or something, but really I only read his book, Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child. Her routine goes something like this: she wakes up around 7:30-8:00, 1-2 hour nap around 9:30, 2-3 hour nap around 1:00 or 2:00, then bedtime between 6:30-7:00. It is so nice to have her on a schedule.

We started using a sippy cup this week. She is getting the hang of it and goes crazy for watered down pear juice!



Today we celebrated her half birthday by going to Chick-fil-A. We were also celebrating Andrew's last day of class. Next week he has reading days and then it is time for finals. One year down, three to go! Gooooo Andrew!

Eleanor just loves Andrew. I think they have really bonded because of the two hours they spend together every Sunday at church while I'm in nursery. I think she knows about the time he gets home everyday because she starts looking at the door. She also gets really excited when she hears his keys unlocking the door. It is so fun to watch the two of them together.

Today we also went to the park for Eleanor to swing. She really likes swinging. but today she was especially observant of the swing. She would not look up for me to take a picture. All she wanted to do was investigate.



We finally got her laughing on video. It is pretty cute if I do say so myself. Too bad Andrew was holding the camera the wrong way. Oh well, you can still hear cute little laugh!

She is such a sweet little happy baby. We really love her and feel so blessed that she is ours!

6 comments:

Jessica said...

i can't believe she is already 6 months old! she looks so cute in those pictures with the sippy cup. the kiddies miss her!!!! (and you of course...)

mama said...

Awww! Those giggles had us all giggling!!!!

She is such a gerber baby. Are you sure you don't apply blush and insert blue contacts before filming the little darling?

The swing pictures were REALLY cute. Isn't blogging amazing. It's been great to see all of the precious grandbabies grow up...thanks for keeping us updated.

Emily C said...

she sure is a cute little happy baby

Shannon @FairfaceWashcloths said...

I can't believe how old she got so quickly! She is SO cute. I love the video of her sweet little laugh. :) And I can't believe she's already drinking out of a sippy cup!

Grandpa Doug said...

I watched Miss E's giggle video three times. What a delightful young woman!

msdyess said...

Hello- I found your blog by googline "healthy sleep habits happy child". I am following this book and love the concept- but am working to get by 5 month old from 4 cat naps a day- to two good naps a day. Could you tell me what your feeding schedule is? My son is a dream- eats every 3 hours, in bed or asleep before 7pm everynight. Sleeps until 6-7am (although I think due to naps this has been a little erratic). So- I went back to the book and am going to try to get down to two good naps- but can't figure out when feeding fits in (very important :))
If you have time, I would appreciate it. Many thanks, martha small dyess, austin, texas