Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Mother's Day

Andrew had to go out of town for work on Sunday so we technically celebrated Mother's Day on Saturday. (Even though he was in Bermuda it probably didn't seem like an exotic vacation to him. He was in meetings all day Monday and traveled back home on Tuesday.) 

On Saturday morning I got my hair done. After naptime Penelope and I ran some errands while Andrew took Molly and Eleanor to run some errands. We met up at Chick-fil-A for dinner and then headed home to open my Mother's Day present. Andrew got me an apple peeler and slicer contraption and I decided we should give it a try and make an apple pie. I had never made one before so it was a fun little adventure :) I got a store-bought pie crust and tried to be fancy with the lattice work. I think it turned out pretty good for my first pie. But apparently I'm the only one who likes apple pie so I got to eat it all by myself. :)


On Sunday I got to sleep in a little bit since Andrew didn't have to leave for the airport until about 10 AM. Then it was just like most Sundays around here... Just me and the girls, get everybody ready, napped, and fed lunch, then out the door for 1 o'clock church.  Our Mother's Day treat at church was a huge chocolate covered strawberry! And the men taught all the third hour classes so I actually got to sit and enjoy relief society. 

I think the highlight of my Mother's Day though was watching Eleanor and Penelope sing in Sacrament meeting. It is always so sweet to hear their little voices and see their cute little faces smiling and waving at me. I had to do my best to contain Molly because she was so excited to see the girls up there she wanted to run up on the stage with them.

I really do love being a mom. And I'm so grateful for my girls! 

Unfortunately we didn't get a "Mother's Day shot" but here's one of me and my babies at Laura's wedding in March 

1 comment:

Emily C said...

you classy lil thang, that is a really cute pic of you with the girls from lauras wedding. wha the?? no one else likes apple pie??? that is prob my favorite! yours looks so good - wish there was leftovers when we got there ;p