The best thing about being 20 weeks? Having an ultrasound!
We had ours on Friday and found out....
We're really excited for another little girl! Some of the girls names we like are Penelope, Molly, and Juliet. I'm glad Eleanor will have a little sister to be best friends with, because I know I love having sisters!
Unfortunately we also found out at the ultrasound that there are a couple of things wrong. I have marginal placenta previa which means my placenta is too low and currently blocking my cervix. This would require that I have a c-section. It's also possible that it could cause preterm labor or hemorrhaging. The good news is that there is still time for the placenta to rise on its own. So that's what I'm hoping will happen!
The other thing is that there were cysts on the baby's brain (Choroid Plexus Cysts). This could be a marker for down's syndrome or trisomy 13/18. Everything else like the heart and all body parts looked fine, which is a good indication that things are going to be ok and that she's developing properly. (It even looked like she was sucking her thumb like Eleanor -- I wouldn't mind another thumbsucker!) Apparently these cysts often clear up before the baby is born, so we'll have another ultrasound in 8 weeks to check on that and my placenta. I'm just trying not to worry about it until I have to, because I really feel like both problems will clear up. So just say a little prayer for us that both of these problems will resolve in the next few weeks!
12 comments:
sarah, you look so small at 20 weeks!! you don't even look like you are pregnant! and i'm sooo excited that you are having another girls. i love little girls. and it will be great to have best friend sisters!!
i think its great that you are staying positive, because i've heard similar stories where everything works itself out with time. but we will definitely keep you, your precious new girl, and your family in our prayers. love you!!
congrats on another girl! you will love it! and your belly is tiny. i bet both things will clear up on their own, also. it is hard not to worry though, but i'm thinking that everything will be fine. congrats again!
I agree you are tiny for 20 weeks! i will definitely keep you in my prayers, I had placenta previa with 3 of my kids and actually had bleeding with it, but by the very end it always ended up moving upward, so I hope that will be the case for you. I don't know too much about the cysts on the baby's brain, but a good person to talk to about that is Larissa, her baby girl had that as well this last time, and they did keep watch on it but she said it did go away and as you can see at church their baby girl is healthy...I am such a worrier, I know how hard it is not to worry, but I know things will work out for you, let me know if you need anything!
i look more pregnant than you do right now! hahahaha. no seriously, i do and i'm not even pregnant.
i really think everything will be okay. we'll keep you in our prayers, and i'm excited for another little hansen girl, too. hahaha. and i love thumb-suckers! lylas.
Congratulations! How fun for Eleanor to have a sister.
Sorry to hear about your worries. We'll all stay positive for you!!
Congrats on the girl, you did such a great job with Eleanor that I'm sure the next one will be just as great. Sorry to hear about the complications, we're thinking about you and will keep you in our prayers.
We loved the Easter picture card and surprise egg with the results of the ultrasound. You look fantastic and happy. Hugs and kisses to Eleanor. Love you lots.
Congrats again on the sweet little girl news! We'll be sure to send some extra prayers your way. Hang in there and have a wonderful and safe trip visiting your family.
Hey! Congratulations on another girl! I know everyone tells you to not to worry about the complications and I agree. Scharlotte had the same problems with their youngest and she's quite the healthy little gal. Either way, we'll be praying for you!
ANOTHER GIRL!!! So PERFECT! LOVE your names! LUCKY big sister Eleanor!..... and great attitude about possible future trials- don't worry about anything until you HAVE to! Congratulations Sara- what happy, happy news!... oh, and I should mention you look A.M.A.Z.I.N.G.- pregnant or not- good job!
i heart molly - dont tease me my putting that as an option if its really gonna be penelope. :-) but i still think penny is super duper cute too.
i heart molly - dont tease me my putting that as an option if its really gonna be penelope. :-) but i still think penny is super duper cute too.
Post a Comment