
I know this is so cliche, but it honestly feels like it was just yesterday!
Andrew picked 3/9/2007 because he thought I would like the numbers...You know, 3 times 9 is 27. I'm kind of weird about number combinations. I blame it on my Math Game 24 days back in elementary school, but you probably have no idea what I'm talking about :)
Anyway, when I was digging for this picture I had a grand time taking a walk down memory lane. You can join me if you want...
Andrew and I were in the same ward at BYU and we became friends when his apartment asked my apartment if we wanted to do a dinner group on Sundays. I soon developed a "pretend crush" on him - it would have been a real crush if only he would have been a little taller :) I know, I'm a little superficial, but I figured it out eventually. Andrew decided he liked me when we went on a road trip to Colorado for a BYU football game. I mean, how could you resist this...

I guess he wanted someone who could appreciate a football fanatic...

My birthday was about 2 months later and I caught him checking me out...

About a week after my birthday he needed help with his Statistics homework, and since it was my major I offered to help. The following night he needed more "help". This time around he claimed there was an extra credit problem he had to do so we turned to it. Turns out he had made up his own stats problem, which was actually pretty elaborate, and typed it up and taped it in his textbook to ask me out. I think it was when I found out that he had been up all night trying to come up with that question that my pretend crush turned into a real one. After our first date we hung out practically every night. Then we both went home for Christmas break and we talked on the phone everyday. When we got back to Provo after the break we changed our statuses on facebook to "in a relationship" :) And the rest is history!
Here are some of my favorite pictures from our dating days...





Looking at these pictures makes me realize that now I'm a lot less tan and a lot less blonde than I used to be, but I'm ok with that because I've got a great husband and a sweet little girl who love me no matter what! Andrew is at school taking a Finance test, but when he gets home we'll celebrate with some Moose Tracks ice cream and watch Lost together. How romantic!
12 comments:
Sarah I love you the way you are too and I just love your story! You two are so cute and I just love having you guys close by. I like the part about Moose Tracks ice cream because that is for sure one of our favorites. Congrats to guys and before you know it, you will be celebrating your ten year anniversary like David and I will next year! Too crazy!
That was the sweetest post Sarah! And I agree with Rachel, you two are such a cute couple, I love having you in our ward!! I am with ya too, I am a lot less blonde and a lot less tan than I used to be too :) but thats what life, kids and age does to ya :) (well and in my case a husband who keeps trying to keep my hair darker also, but I am still not used to it!) Have a great night you two lovebirds!
time flies. i remember you emailing us that engagement picture with you holding up your ring like it was yesterday. has it really been 3 years? thats so crazy.
when do you have your anatomy ultrasound? i think jess said it was march 26- is that right? lylas
p.s. i think its a boy
i'm a lot less tan and blonde than i was in our dating days as well. :( i kinda miss it, but it's for the best, right? hahahaha. i remember that engagement picture, too. you both look so happy in all your pictures.
and i'm with emily -- i think it's a boy as well!
That's really sweet. I love the walk down memory lane - such cute pictures!!
Congrats you guys! I think you are one of the most beautiful couples ever...really so cute, but with you as cute as you are how could you NOT be a good looking couple. Thank you for sharing your story.
how adorable! i remember seeing you two randomly that day by my apartment (remember?) and i just couldn't help thinking what a cute couple you were and that you both looked so happy! congrats on a great life!!!!
I loved reading about your little love story! Joe and I never heard how you two met so it was fun getting the 411. You look awesome!! Thanks for sharing
I think you are going to have 3 girls first, just like yo mama!
this is jacob. I remember math 24, i always played it in ms. dubois' class and i was always the best at it! my favorite math game ever!
Can you move back so we can be married friends ;) Miss your face. I'm sure Brody and Ellanor (sorry if I spelled that wrong) would love each other ;)
happy anniversary! cute pics! love the one of him "checking you out!" too funny!
Post a Comment